Thursday, May 13, 2010

Is Kindness Contagious?

Last week I was getting an early morning coffee at the local drive-through. When I approached the window and started to hand over the change for my coffee, the attendant stopped me and said my order had already been paid. Bemused, I asked her how that could be.

"The customer ahead of you does this every morning. He pays for his coffee and then leaves behind enough for the next customer. It's his way of brightening up someone's morning I guess."

I thought that was a great idea and handed over my money. "That's for the next one in line."

Random acts of kindness seem to have a way of spreading, and it usually doesn't take much to bring a smile to an unsuspecting stranger's face.

Speaking of people who don't get what they expect when they place an order, check out this Japanese restaurant where you receive the order of the person ahead of you.

No comments: