Thursday, January 31, 2008

Gambling on your health

Working in Las Vegas recently I thought I would try my luck at the slots. How much is too much to gamble? A months income, a week, a day? I opted for something less than a days income.
Hit the jackpot on my first $100. Should I keep going? No, after paying the withholding tax I headed back to tthe room to prepare for the next day.
I also observed far too many people gambling on their health. No I am just talking about over indulgence of food, not the "other indulgence" Seem odd to me that many people seemed to have a handle on how much they would spend on gambling, but no limits on the calories. How can we bring about change to over eating?
Cheers, Larry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree! I my self have "gambled" with my health, and I don't know why it's sucha different story with our health and our money. People should really learn to put health ahead of money.