Sunday, January 20, 2008

Travel stress - security lines

Arriving at security at Vancouver Airport I am lucky to have a green sticker for the fast line. Boarding pass checked at least twice within ten feet and now I go through the doors where the security machines and staff are waiting. But even though this is the "fast lane" it is also the line for flyers needing assistance. My laptop is out, shoes off and nothing in my pockets. I have been here before. However, it seems like almost everyone in front of me in the "fast line" is a first time flyer, laughing and joking at making the bells go off because they didn't pay attention to what goes on the belt. So I can't buy my way up the wait list in Canadian health care, but why can't I pay more for a truly fast line for frequent flyers who want this choice. I'm better now, sipping a scotch in the Air Canada lounge.
Cheers, Larry

No comments: